Halocarbon, a world-leading producer of specialty fluorochemicals is seeking candidates for an excellent opportunity as a Maintenance Mechanic in our North Augusta, SC site. Halocarbon seeks individuals who embrace Halocarbon’s core values of:
- Caring – Have a genuine concern for safety, wellness & the environment.
- Curiosity – Willing to accept change & find better ways to do things.
- Collaboration – Function at a high level within your own team environment & across department lines.
- Competitive Spirit – Act with a sense of urgency and hold self to high ethical standards.
Successful candidates must possess, as a minimum, the following competencies, skills and/or abilities:
- Possess strong safety and environmental values.
- Hands on Industrial Maintenance Electrician background.
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial power distribution systems and 480 3 phase motors/starters.
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair industrial instrumentation equipment.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and alarms back through DCS system.
- Work at heights up to 100 feet above the ground and ability to work periodically in PPE in high heat environments.
- Monitor operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Work in team environment.
- Demonstrated effective oral & written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with high standards of excellence.
- Ability to work overtime and call in duty rotation schedule as needed.
Must have High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent. Technical training in areas of electrical, mechanical and other related fields preferred. Applicant should be familiar with lock out tag out, line break, confined space entry, fork truck safety, and working aloft. All candidates must successfully complete extensive third-party reference checks, a criminal background investigation, a comprehensive medical examination and drug screen.
Halocarbon offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care coverage’s, life insurance, dental plan, vision plan, 401(k) savings plan featuring company matching contributions, 11 holidays, vacation, short and long term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts and others, some requiring employee contributions.
Qualified applicants should fill out the form below completely by 5/9/2022. Once resumes have been received and reviewed, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected for the next step in the application process.
Halocarbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.