Halocarbon is actively involved in growing a high-performing Innovation Team focused on delivering strong commercial growth through new product development. As a privately-held company, we have a rich history of long-term technology development in leveraging specialty fluorochemical science and technology to unlock breakthroughs that shape the world around us. Today, we are focusing our efforts to produce differentiated and high-value materials for the electronics industry, including chemicals that enable lithium ion batteries to function safely at high voltages, as well as semiconductor fabrication materials that allow for faster and more reliable information processing and storage. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team and fulfill our vision — To Improve the Quality of Life Through Breakthroughs in Fluorochemistry. As a member of our team, you will be given the opportunity to leverage your strengths and innovate in a team-oriented environment. You will have the support and backing of the Innovation Team and our broader company to develop your career while actively contributing to the growth of Halocarbon. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and caring environment that encourages creativity, cross-functional collaboration and a drive to win, we would welcome your application to join our team.
The Process Development Engineer should be a highly-motivated and self-directed individual with a proven track-record of working cross-functionally to design, plan, optimize, and run commercial-scale production processes. The Process Development Engineer will have accountability to coordinate and lead projects to bridge R&D and Manufacturing. The Process Development Engineer will work with R&D to design and develop commercial scale options for manufacturing new products and product improvements, considering both internal and external manufacturing capabilities (i.e. assets/capabilities Halocarbon currently owns as well as contract-manufacturing partners). The Process Development Engineer will coordinate and lead design engineering and capital improvement projects by working with R&D, Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Finance. The Process Development Engineer will be required to have experience in production management, production planning, design engineering, and statistical process control methodology (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc.). The Process Development Engineer will be required to coordinate R&D, Manufacturing, PS&R and Quality groups to optimize new and existing production processes and keep them under control, and meet regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will be one who can assess current capabilities at Halocarbon, and develop, implement, and execute new systems and process development methodologies to strengthen and grow Halocarbon.
Halocarbon also seeks individuals who embrace Halocarbon’s core values of:
- Caring – Have a genuine concern for safety, wellness & the environment.
- Curiosity – Willing to accept change & find better ways to do things.
- Collaboration – Function at a high level within your own team environment & across department lines.
- Competitive Spirit – Act with a sense of urgency and hold self to high ethical standards.
Successful candidates must possess, as a minimum, the following competencies, skills and/or abilities:
- Possess strong safety and environmental values.
- Demonstrated effective oral & written communication skills.
- Highly-motivated and Self-Driven.
- Tenacity, with demonstrated ability and curiosity to move past temporary setbacks and to learn and grow through failure.
- Team-oriented, with demonstrated successes in team-activities and within a team-environment.
- Creativity, with demonstrated ability to develop unique solutions to solve and troubleshoot problems.
- Independence, with demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and work to drive them to completion.
- Experience with handling all laboratory and pilot/production equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Able to use statistical methods to analyze data.
- Organize/analyze generated data and prepare recommendations based on project requirements.
- Computer knowledge required including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Minitab, etc.
Must have B.S. in Chemical Engineering with at least 4+ years of relevant industrial experience. Must have Strong project management skills. Must have experience in People management, batch and continuous production processes, production management, design engineering, & statistical process control methodology. All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S., as well as successfully complete extensive third-party reference checks, a criminal background investigation, a comprehensive medical examination and drug screen.
Halocarbon Products offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care coverage’s, life insurance, dental plan, vision plan, 401(k) savings plan featuring company matching contributions, 11 holidays, vacation, short and long term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts and others, some requiring employee contributions.
Qualified applicants should fill out the form below completely by 7/7/2021. Once resumes have been received and reviewed, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected for the next step in the application process.
Halocarbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.