Halocarbon, a world leading producer of specialty fluorochemicals is seeking candidates for an excellent opportunity as Chemicals Shipping & Receiving Associate in our North Augusta, SC site. This position is responsible for monitoring and organizing the receiving, storage, and distribution of all materials, supplies, equipment and finished products entering or exiting the warehouse. Halocarbon seeks individuals who embrace Halocarbon’s core values of:
- Caring – Have a genuine concern for safety, wellness & the environment.
- Curiosity – Willing to accept change & find better ways to do things.
- Collaboration – Function at a high level within your own team environment & across department lines.
- Competitive Spirit – Act with a sense of urgency and hold self to high ethical standards.
Successful candidates must possess, as a minimum, the following competencies, skills and/or abilities:
- Must be team oriented and have a desire to please customers.
- Ensure that products move efficiently from storage to the point of sale.
- Perform loading of all finished products and unloading of all materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Verify counts and weights against bill of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Prepare all parcels for shipment.
- Stage materials for counting and inspection.
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Move material from the Staging Area to the Warehouse Storage Location area in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- Route items to proper departments.
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Prepares BOL’s and DG’s (air & Ocean) paperwork.
- Work overtime as needed.
Must have High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent. Familiarity with forklift operations preferred. Within the first 120 days, must become certified in the operation of a forklift and maintain certification. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license. Must complete Department of Transportation (DOT), International Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) training within the first 90 days and maintain those certifications. All candidates must successfully complete extensive third-party reference checks, a criminal background investigation, a comprehensive medical examination & drug screen.
Halocarbon offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care coverage’s, life insurance, dental plan, vision plan, 401(k) savings plan featuring company matching contributions, 11 holidays, vacation, short & long term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts & others, some requiring employee contributions.
Qualified Applicants should go to https://www.halocarbon.com/, visit the careers page, and upload their resume. Once resumes have been received and reviewed, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected for the next step in the application process.
Halocarbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer