Halocarbon, a world leading producer of specialty fluorochemicals is seeking candidates for an excellent opportunity as Shipping & Receiving Coordinator in our North Augusta, SC site. Halocarbon seeks individuals who embrace Halocarbon’s core values of:
- Caring – Have a genuine concern for safety, wellness & the environment.
- Curiosity – Willing to accept change & find better ways to do things.
- Collaboration – Function at a high level within your own team environment & across department lines.
- Competitive Spirit – Act with a sense of urgency and hold self to high ethical standards.
Successful candidates must possess, as a minimum, the following competencies, skills and/or abilities:
- Adhere to plant safety requirements and plant policies and promote a positive safety culture, leading by example.
- Work with contracted transporters to ensure that products move efficiently from storage to the point of sale.
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Maintain all shipping files.
- Oversee the movement of material from Receiving to the Warehouse in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Serves as primary contact & leader in absence of Warehouse Manager.
- Exceptional attention to detail with high standards of excellence.
- Good computer skills (Chempax/MRP System, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat & general use).
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Focus on process excellence.
Must have High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent. Four-year degree preferred. Chemical industry and shipping/receiving experience required. Shipping HAZMAT both domestically and internationally preferred. Must complete Department of Transportation (DOT), International Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) training within the first 90 days and maintain those certifications. Within the first 90 days must demonstrate computer skills necessary to complete the training and ship materials. All candidates must successfully complete extensive third-party reference checks, a criminal background investigation, a comprehensive medical examination & drug screen.
Halocarbon offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care coverage’s, life insurance, dental plan, vision plan, 401(k) savings plan featuring company matching contributions, 11 holidays, vacation, short & long term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts & others, some requiring employee contributions.
Qualified Applicants should go to https://www.halocarbon.com/, visit the careers page, and upload their resume by 5-27-22. Once resumes have been received and reviewed, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected for the next step in the application process.
Halocarbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer