Halocarbon, a world leading producer of specialty fluorochemicals is seeking candidates for an excellent opportunity as Warehouse Manager in our North Augusta, SC site. This position is responsible for overseeing the shipping and receiving of all materials, supplies, equipment and finished products entering or exiting the warehouse. Halocarbon seeks individuals who embrace Halocarbon’s core values of:
- Caring – Have a genuine concern for safety, wellness & the environment.
- Curiosity – Willing to accept change & find better ways to do things.
- Collaboration – Function at a high level within your own team environment & across department lines.
- Competitive Spirit – Act with a sense of urgency and hold self to high ethical standards.
Successful candidates must possess, as a minimum, the following competencies, skills and/or abilities:
- Adhere to plant safety requirements and plant policies and promote a positive safety culture, leading by example.
- Embrace, demonstrate and promote Halocarbon’s Core Values of Caring, Curiosity, Collaboration, and Competitive Spirit.
- Ensure systems are in place to optimize transportation efficiency while minimizing freight costs. This includes negotiating freight rates and replacing carriers, as needed.
- Manage projects/processes to ensure best practices are implemented/maintained (includes Cycle count management, warehouse organization, bar coding, training).
- Track Key Process Indicators to evaluate performance of the Warehouse team (ex: Inventory Accuracy, On-time Shipments, Complaints).
- Coaching & Professional Development – provide mentoring, coaching, and professional development to direct reports.
- Responsible for replenishment of packaging and other warehouse materials.
- Primary owner of Warehouse Leadership Team meetings and ensuring proper communication to cross-functional Supply Chain teams.
- Ensure shipping documents are complete, accurate and submitted to customers timely; must ensure records for paperwork are maintained physically and electronically.
- Adhere to all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) requirements.
- Prepare work schedule and ensure direct reports have the proper tools, training and time to be successful.
- Ensure materials are staged for counting and inspection.
- Ensure the Receiving process is managed timely and accurately.
- Review and approve freight invoices submitted from Accounting and maintain records.
Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain/Logistics Management, Science or related field and 5 years of experience in Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Control, or Materials Management. Experience in Management/Leadership role is required. Must complete Department of Transportation (DOT), International Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) training within the first 90 days and maintain those certifications. All candidates must successfully complete extensive third-party reference checks, a criminal background investigation, a comprehensive medical examination & drug screen.
Halocarbon offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care coverage’s, life insurance, dental plan, vision plan, 401(k) savings plan featuring company matching contributions, 11 holidays, vacation, short & long term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts & others, some requiring employee contributions.
Qualified Applicants should go to https://www.halocarbon.com/, visit the careers page, and upload their resume. Once resumes have been received and reviewed, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected for the next step in the application process.